Average Test Player
The benchmark expected performance of batsmen, bowlers and fielders that is weighted for opposition, venue and home advantage.
Average Test team
The benchmark expected performance of a team in batting, bowling and fielding that is weighted for opposition, venue and home advantage.
A tool that gives a measure of how difficult batting has been in the last 30 minutes of play. It shows how hard it is for the batsmen to survive and score.
A cricket analytics app that uses past and current data to evaluate performance, predict future outcomes and contextualise match events.
A unique computer model that utilises a database of the last 500 Test matches played, using past and current data to estimate the probability of future events.
A tool that provides a positive or negative score in runs for batting, bowling and fielding, measuring the performance of that team against that of an average Test team in the conditions present at that time.
Averages that are adjusted depending on past performance and venue data.
A function that outlines the most likely course the match will follow from its current position, providing innings scores, finish point of game and final result.
The likelihood in percentage terms of a team winning at that point in the game.
A tool that provides win and draw probabilities, based on multiple simulations of the remainder of the match.
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
- Head-to-Head Analysis: Morne Morkel v Alastair CookAugust 4, 2017 - 9:30 am
- England v South Africa, Third Test, Day Five, Analysis: Elgar’s vigilJuly 31, 2017 - 5:03 pm
- England v South Africa, Third Test, Day Four, Analysis: England exploit South Africa’s indecisionJuly 30, 2017 - 9:26 pm
- England v South Africa, Third Test, Day Three, Analysis: How South Africa were bowled outJuly 29, 2017 - 3:29 pm
- England v South Africa, Third Test, Day Two, Analysis: England’s match awarenessJuly 28, 2017 - 4:42 pm