The defining narrative of this series has been the contest between Virat Kohli and James Anderson, a contest which ended on Day Four at The Oval. Ben Jones looks back on one of the great sporting rivalries. Read more
Ben Jones analyses the ebb and flow of luck between two masters of the game, Virat Kohli and James Anderson. Read more
Ben Jones analyses the technical refinement and strategic intelligence which has James Anderson still bowling as effectively now as he was 10 years ago. Read more
After England claimed victory at Lord’s to go 2-0 up in the Test series against India, Ben Jones analyses another firecracker spell from Stuart Broad. Read more
After an extraordinary day at Lord’s, Ben Jones analyses the unique set of circumstances in which India’s batsmen found themselves. Read more
The first Test of the series will live long in the memory and for that, says Ben Jones, we can thank the wonder of the moving ball. Read more
Virat Kohli returns to England a far greater player than the man who averaged 13.40 in 2014. Ben Jones has analysed the constantly shifting batsmanship of the Indian captain.
After a week when Broad and Anderson have been under pressure, Ben Jones examines how England’s veterans flourished by pitching it up.
England v Pakistan, Second Test, Day Four Analysis
England 589 for 8 dec and 173 for 1 dec (Cook 76*, Root 71*) beat Pakistan 198 and 234 (Hafeez 41, Anderson 3-41, Woakes 3-41) by 330 runs
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
- CricViz Analysis: The Problem with Sunrisers HyderabadApril 16, 2019 - 1:16 pm
- CricViz Analysis: IPL Roundup – Week ThreeApril 15, 2019 - 11:14 am
- CricViz Analysis: What’s going wrong at Rajasthan?April 12, 2019 - 3:26 pm
- CricViz Analysis: How to beat the Chennai Super KingsApril 12, 2019 - 10:15 am
- CricViz Analysis: The Changing Role of KL RahulApril 10, 2019 - 11:52 am