On an intriguing day in Pallekele, Jos Buttler and Sam Curran played eye-catching innings as England posted 285 in their first innings. Patrick Noone looks at how the pair made their runs to get England out of another hole.
India may be on the brink of victory, but today was all about Jos Buttler – Ben Jones reflects on the white ball specialist’s breakthrough Test innings.
Jos Buttler is in the form of his life – but how good can he get? Ben Jones examines Buttler’s data, to see if the England star can reach the level of his South African idol. Read more
CricViz analyst Ben Jones casts his eye over Ed Smith’s first squad as England selector. Read more
Trent Bridge has been a high scoring venue in limited overs cricket of late—earlier this season the average score across six domestic innings was 380—but even given the ground’s recent history few people could have envisaged the carnage that unfolded in the first innings of this match.
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
- CricViz Analysis: Jofra ArcherSeptember 13, 2019 - 6:19 pm
- CricViz Analysis: Joe Root’s inningsSeptember 12, 2019 - 6:14 pm
- CricViz Analysis: How Australia Retained the AshesSeptember 9, 2019 - 4:24 pm
- CricViz Analysis: Pat Cummins to Joe RootSeptember 7, 2019 - 7:39 pm
- CricViz Analysis: Cummins and HazlewoodSeptember 6, 2019 - 7:01 pm