CricViz recaps Mohammad Amir’s three big wickets in the ICC Champions Trophy final.
After South Africa’s large first innings score in the Second Test at Centurion it was always going to be difficult for New Zealand to save the match with South Africa able to set aggressive fields and reap the benefits of scoreboard pressure. However South Africa still had to take twenty New Zealand wickets and they did so thanks largely to Dale Steyn who took 8-99 from 36.2 overs in the match.
Trent Bridge has been a high scoring venue in limited overs cricket of late—earlier this season the average score across six domestic innings was 380—but even given the ground’s recent history few people could have envisaged the carnage that unfolded in the first innings of this match.
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
- CricViz Analysis: Five Key Numbers from IPL Week 2April 20, 2018 - 10:57 am
- CricViz Analysis: Five Key Numbers from the IPL this WeekApril 13, 2018 - 12:00 pm
- CricViz Analysis: County Championship 2018 PreviewApril 12, 2018 - 3:21 pm
- CricViz Analysis: The Demise of Moeen AliApril 5, 2018 - 7:39 am
- Morne Morkel – Legend, or Just Great Fun?March 30, 2018 - 7:37 am