On Day Three in Abu Dhabi, Babar Azam fell short of his first Test century, but Ben Jones analyses how today’s 99 did nothing to prove that Babar can succeed in this arena. Read more
Sarfraz Ahmed’s 94 on the first day in Abu Dhabi was crucial in keeping the hosts in the game. Ben Jones analyses another classic counter-attack from the Pakistan skipper.
After the remarkable events in Dubai, Pakistan somehow head to Abu Dhabi with the series level. Ben Jones analyses to what extent Pakistan were to blame for the epic rearguard in Dubai, and what they need to do differently in the second Test. Read more
Usman Khawaja was the driving force behind one of the great Test match escapes, as Australia valiantly earned a draw in Dubai. Ben Jones analyses one of the finest rearguard innings of recent times.
Yet again, Mohammad Abbas has proven that you don’t need pace to succeed in Test cricket. Ben Jones analyses another slow but spectacular performance from Pakistan’s line-and-length juggernaut.
Jon Holland took a battering in Dubai, as Pakistan racked up a strong first innings total. Ben Jones analyses how for Sarfraz’s side, this was the result of a plan coming together.
The first day in Dubai was an old-fashioned one, and as Ben Jones points out, it was a day where the old dogs came to the fore.
Pakistan will line up against Australia without the talismanic Mohammad Amir, but as Ben Jones points out, the absence of the left-armer could see Pakistan improve as a whole. Read more
LATEST FROM THE BLOG
- CricViz Analysis: Babar Azam’s False Dawn?October 18, 2018 - 1:33 pm
- CricViz Analysis: Adil Rashid spins a webOctober 17, 2018 - 6:39 pm
- CricViz Analysis: Pakistan v Australia, Second Test, Day OneOctober 16, 2018 - 1:38 pm
- CricViz Analysis: How do Pakistan recover from Dubai?October 14, 2018 - 10:16 pm
- CricViz Analysis: Sri Lanka v England, 2nd ODIOctober 13, 2018 - 12:02 pm